Returning to the Grace and Charm of Our Mothers and Grandmothers.
On Monday, January 17, 20111, I was lounging around the house watching Malcolm X. I noticed how good the men looked in their suits and bowties. I posted a comment on Facebook suggesting that men should dress more like this today. One of my facebook buddies suggested if women dressed more like ladies, men would follow suit. So I joked around with 2 soror friends (Antonette Copeland and Sonya Johnson) and challenged them to dress like ladies 3 days a week.
Our silly little challenge has turned into PRETTY GIRL ROCK DRESSES CHALLENGE.
1. We will ROCK dresses (skirts) and CUTE SHOES (heels and/or flats) like our mothers and grandmothers at least THREE (3) days a week.
2. We will reject the IMPULSE to throw on jeans, jogging suits (EVEN THE CUTE KIND), and dress slacks.
3. We will exchange our revelations and thoughts throughtout this challenge.
4. We will invite our friends to join.
5. We will include our daughters and young women we mentor.
6. We will take Pictures and Have FUN!!!!
7. Everyone is welcomed to participate.
Exceptions: Flattering/Very Feminine Dress Suits are ALLOWED.
*If you have a blog share with your followers.
Officially Kicked Off: Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Let’s bring back:
*GLAMOUR. *GRACE. *CHARM. *FEMININTY. *PRISSYness (is that a word?) and most of all BEAUTY.
Dress Like a LADY = Acting Like a LADY.
Join our the Movement:
LIKE our Official Fan Page:
Follow our Tweets:
~There’s POWER in the DRESS, PURSE, and STILETTO. ™
(c) 2011 Pretty Girls Rock Dresses, LLC All Rights Reserved.